University of Colorado Denver (2016-Present) Denver, Colorado
MA – Information and Learning Technologies: Instructional Design and Adult Learning
University of Pittsburgh (2008-2009) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
MLIS – Library and Information Science: Academic Libraries
Kenyon College (2002-2006) Gambier, OH
BA – English/Classics
Dominican University, River Forest, IL. Part Time Instructor (November 2018-Present)
- Conduct information literacy instruction for ENG102, ID102, and several other classes.
- Collaborate with ENG102 and ID faculty in planning class sessions, grading assignments, and assisting students.
- Assist students and faculty with conducting research.
24/7 Learning Academy, Orlando, FL. Instructional Design Intern (March 2018-September 2018)
- Remote (online) internship in Instructional Design for an education nonprofit.
- Developed eLearning course on academic research.
- Reviewed and edited courses on a variety of topics.
- Mapped Common Core, PBL Gold, and NextGen Science standards to courses and activities.
- Created and edited instructional documents.
- Developed online assessment activities.
Arapahoe Community College, Littleton, CO. Reference & Instruction Librarian (January 2016-October 2017)
- Manage library evening operations for Littleton campus.
- Provide in-person and online reference services for students and faculty.
- Conduct information literacy instruction sessions for students and faculty.
- Collaborate with library staff on large-scale projects including assessment, collection development, technology, and special events.
- Oversee circulation desk during evening hours.
- Responsible for managing and developing library research guides.
- Serve as liaison to Psychology, Philosophy, Humanities, History, and Sciences departments.
- Conduct collection development in assigned subject areas.
- Contribute articles to library newsletter.
- Responsible for managing faculty course reserves.
- Participate in “Be the Difference” committee for employee appreciation.
Colorado Technical University, Denver, CO. Campus Librarian (March 2014–January 2016)
- Manage library operations for the Aurora campus.
- Supervise student workers by scheduling, directing workflow, coaching, and training.
- Provide reference services in-person and online to undergraduate and graduate students on research topics and APA format.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff on academic and library projects.
- Visit classrooms to provide information literacy instruction sessions for students and faculty.
- Meet with other CTU Librarians to exchange campus information, review and update policy documents, conduct assessment of our services, and undertake projects.
- Meet and collaborate with members of other departments on campus and university initiatives.
- Create and update training resources for new staff members.
- Manage faculty and peer tutoring program.
- Collect usage statistics for library resources and compose reports.
Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, CO. Library Assistant (December 2009–March 2014)
- Provide reference assistance to students and faculty.
- Develop statistical reports on usage of library resources including circulation, attendance and traffic, website visits, ILL, library presentations, and database usage.
- Create and update procedural documents for circulation, cataloging, and retrieving usage statistics.
- Responsible for all copy and original cataloging.
- Conduct library orientation and information literacy instruction sessions in the Colorado Springs and Pueblo campuses for undergraduate students, graduate students, and new faculty.
- Create pathfinders and guides for databases.
- Supervise student workers and oversee staff at circulation and test proctoring.
- Participate in “Enhancing the Classroom Experience” organization.
Point Park University Library, Pittsburgh, PA. Library Intern (August 2008–August 2009)
- Provided reference and research assistance in person and online.
- Updated catalog with MARC records for new acquisitions; processed invoices.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on procedural handbook for cataloging, processing, and acquisitions.
- Assisted with information literacy sessions for new students.
University of Pittsburgh, Hillman Library, Pittsburgh, PA. Field Placement (May 2009 – August 2009)
- Conducted collection analysis for materials in the Department of Classics: determined the availability of all major texts and commentaries in the University Library System, and compared holdings to collections of peer libraries.